Our Aims, Values and Ethos
It is our aim that all Hayeswood First School pupils:
- Feel safe, secure and happy as valued members of our school community
- Become confident, enthusiastic and resilient learners with enquiring minds and the capacity to express themselves creatively
- Make healthy and positive lifestyle choices that enhance their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Develop self-esteem, confidence and a sense of pride in themselves and in their achievements.
- Enjoy equal opportunities in all aspects of school life regardless of gender, ethnicity, ability or circumstances.
- Learn respect for themselves and for others, acceptance and understanding, enabling them to treat others with consideration, courtesy and empathy.
- Develop the understanding, skills and attitudes to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
- Appreciate, respect and actively care for their environments, at a local and a global level.
Our Core Values
Self-belief – every child deserves to have a sense of self-worth and a positive mindset about learning and achieving.
Resilience – we understand that challenge is part of the learning process and a resilient mindset is key to success.
Responsibility – we are individually and collectively responsible for our words and actions and always respect the rights of all members of our community.
Collaboration - we take pride in our individual and team achievements and learn from one another.
Respect - we respect every member of the community, regardless of the differences between ourselves and others. We demonstrate kindness, politeness, honesty and fairness.
Our School Charter
We agree that we will:
• Always try our best and take pride in everything that we do.
• Approach challenges confidently with resilience and self-belief.
• Work collaboratively and co-operatively with others.
• Use equipment safely and responsibly.
• Value and care for our environment.
• Be honest, fair, polite and considerate.
• Treat other people with kindness, tolerance and friendship.
• Listen to what other people say and respect their ideas, opinions and beliefs.
• Behave in a way that allows others to listen and learn.
• Celebrate successes and learn from mistakes.
Our Mission Statement:
"Enjoying Learning and Growing Together."